Peru 2006

Wednesday, September 27, 2006


25th September 8:00AM: I had a very good night sleep after very long trip and now I m ready to go explore Lima city . After a warm shower I packed my camera and video cam went straight for breakfast.

9:00AM I started off by visiting the Monasterio de San Francisco . Which is around the corner of where I m staying and after that I did the tour of the catacombs where there are around 70,000 burials and you can see all the bones and skulls arranged in such a circular pattern . This was all arranged like that by the archaeologists . I wish I could take photos but they do not allow it . I continued my way heading
towards Palacio de Gabierno which that brings me right into Plaza de Armes . I stood there for about 30 minutes enjoying myself listening to the Peru Military band. Then I headed to the mercado central place which is huge and they sell basically everything , from there went to China town and by this time I was starving . I found a small restaurant and ordered steak and chips and rice. It was ok. Next it was a stop at Iglesia de La Merced . One has to say here that the churches are very rich and nice . I will post some photos when I find the opportunity to do so . One more visit and this time to Plaza San Martin from there I started to look for the bus terminal to Pisco which took some time but I did find it and at 6:30pm I left to Pisco for a five hour trip followed by 10 minutes taxi to Paracas. I found Lima very nice and interesting and safe the only time I felt unsafe when the police and people tell me to watch out and put my camera away . I was most of time with my backpack infront of me holding camera in one hand and video cam in an other hand.


2 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    watch out all those robbers (police). ...TIP... when you can't use your camera for the photos try to use your mobile camera with the sound off.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger piskopova said…

    hey pucar!
    Seems that it is almost over....hope to hear from you soon and you can share with us your experience.
    take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home