Peru 2006

Thursday, October 12, 2006


26 September 7:00 AM
After I finished my breakfast on the terrace of the hotel with great view of the Paracas port I went down the steps to take some photos while waiting for the person to pick me up for the 2 hour tour to the islas Balistas . At around 8 AM I was picked up with an other couple in a mini bus driven to the port where we got on board with about an other 25 people and set off to the islands . The islas Balistas are small islands which are covered with 50 meters deep of bird droppings also called guanay dating back to pre inka times . Sometime ago they used to export this guanay as a fertilizer to Europe and North America but since synthetic fertilizer is wildly use today exportation has slowed down.

When we arrived at the islands everybody got the camera out ready to take pictures of sea lions , penguins , pelicans , dolphins and other kind of birds . Around 10:30 I was back to the port of Paracas waiting to go on an other tour to the National Reserve Park. The tour started around 11 and first stop it was at Julio C. Tello site museum from there we walked down to the shore to watch the flamingos . Then we headed off to the Cathedral which is a rock formation dating back many years ,we also saw some sea lions as well, after that we passed through some nice red sandy beaches.

At around 1 P.M. we stopped for lunch and from there I was taken back to the hotel.
4:40pm :I was back on the bus to Lima for an other 5 hour trip . I got back at the hotel around 10 ,set my alarm for 3:30 am wake up call , to catch a flight to Cusco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home