Peru 2006

Friday, October 13, 2006


27 th September 3:30 AM
Knock knock on the door its a wake up call from night duty guy . 30 minutes later I m downstairs with an other guy going to the Lima airport but he was flying to Quitos and me to Cusco . The night porter was having a hard time getting us a taxi , so he told us to stay inside the hotel and close the door and when we hear 3 knocks it means its him so we can open the door, while he went round the corner to try to get us taxi after 5 minutes he was back with a taxi waiting for us and we left to the airport about 10 minutes trip . As soon as I got to the airport I went straight to check in . Then I met Alex again the guy who I shared the taxi with , we had fried egg doughnut each and a coffee ,we talked about traveling and other things , until it was time to go pay the airport tax and get ready for departure . The flight took off at 7 AM it was about 50 minutes long. When we arrived at Cusco we were greeted by Peruvian folk dancers and hot coco leaves tea , one of the organizers told me that it is world tourism day. After I took some photos I continued my way outside the airport where I met the person who came to pick me up to the hotel. I felt my heart beating a little faster and also short of breath at times it was then that I remembered that I have to take it easy on the first day to acclimatize so I decided and go take a nap for a couple of hours after all I been awake since 3:30 AM.


11:00 AM As I got out of my room and head out to the lounge one of the staff
Made me a cup of coco tea and we started to talk a mixture of English Italian and Spanish but we were able to have conversation . After I drank my coco tea I went to the internet room to update my blog.
12:30 PM I decided to get out of the hotel and go down the Plaza de Armas .First place I went to visit was the Inglesia de la Campania where I met Maria from Columbia from there we headed to the cathedral and were given a English guide which was very informative, after that we continued walking towards Plaza Regocijo .


4:00 PM We said goodbye and split up I walked back to plaza de Armas then went back to the hotel.

7:30 PM I was wondering what to eat. When I m visiting a foreign country I try to look for something local , so I saw this Chinese restaurant with Peruvian twist .The food was ok but I expected it to be more Peruvian . From there I went to plaza San Francisco where there was some celebrations of world tourism day taking place.
10:00 PM I went back to the hotel and that was my first night in Cusco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home