Peru 2006

Thursday, October 19, 2006

1st October 5:30 AM
2nd day of the trail. I was already woken up when the porter came to wake me up . I changed from wearing 3 layers into a T-shirt and a short pants , because we were in a valley it was not that very cold and as the sun rises early it gets warm very quickly. A few minutes later an other porter showed up with a basin of hot water a soap and a face cloth. By the time I let the water to cool I packed my stuff then washed my face .The two porters showed up again this time serving tea , chamomile , coffee and coca leaves tea at my tent .
What a service !! These porters really work hard and do a great job . I sat down in my tent sipping the tea

and enjoying the greenery in front of me .
By 6:00 AM the seven of us and the tour leader gathered together for breakfast . At around 6:45 AM we got ready for what is called the toughest day , climbing a steep ascent towards the highest pass so called Dead Woman' s Pass 4200m/13779ft . That means we had to climb 1200m/3936ft . Before we left the campsite the porters and the seven of us formed a circle and everyone introduced him/her self while Casiano translated for us .

Half way through we stoped for lunch for about 90 minutes and continued our trail to the way up. It was very hard but when you reach the top you don't feel anymore pain . We took an other break for 30 minutes while also took some group photos before we started our decent to the campsite at Pacamayu (3550m/11646ft) . When we arrived at the site we had our tea and some sandwiches and later we had dinner.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home