Peru 2006

Monday, October 23, 2006

6TH October 7:30 AM waking up in Arequipa exactly a couple of houses down the Monasterio de Santa Catalina , which it was the first place I visited after I had breakfast .Today ‘s breakfast was also served on the roof where I had a great views of the Monasterio , La Catedral and Elmisti volcano. From the Monasterio I walked down to the Plaza de Armas which is crowded with local people and tourists alike ,then I visited the Cathedral and afterwards visited Inglesia de la Compania. 12:00 PM I stopped for lunch and a Pisco Sour which is a Peruvian traditional drink . After lunch I decided to go for walk around the town where I stopped at the Inglesia San Francisco followed by a visit to the travel agency to book a 2 day tour for tomorrow to Colca Canyon which is the deepest canyon in the world .
1:30 PM It was time to visit Museo Santuarios Andinos where Juanita the ice princess is found in an enclosed freezing glass box .
15:00 PM . I took a taxi to the suburb of Camay to meet Fr. Giovanni Cefai MSSP and Father Victor Zammit MSSP that both of them come from the same village I grew back in Gozo . We spent some time together showing me around and explaining what work they do over there.

8:30 PM it was time to say goodbye and return back to the hotel for some sleep after along busy day .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home