Peru 2006

Sunday, October 22, 2006

4th October 5:40 AM
I m on the train station in Aguas Calientes on my way to Urubamba . On the way the train stopped a couple of times due to construction that was going on and from Urabamba I took a bus to Cusco Arriving in Cusco around 9:30 which I spent some time on Av Sol before it was time to get a taxi to the airport to catch a flight to Juliaca .





2:30 PM I was on my way to Juliaca a 50 minutes flight . From Juliaca I got on a minibus to spend a night in Puno . On the way to Puno at times traffic was slightly slow due to the political demonstrations that were going on due to the coming elections next month. I checked at the hotel around 5:00 PM and early that evening I went out visiting the city of Puno and booked a full day tour for tomorrow's to the islas flotantes (floating islands) . Before I returned to the hotel to call it off for the day I stopped at a restaurant for dinner where I had the Peruvian traditional dinner the cuy ( guinea pig) served with golden brown roasted potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home